Volunteer with NYWC
Thanks for your interest in serving with Youth Specialties this fall at the National Youth
Workers Convention in St. Louis, MO.!
- Main Stage Team—help with production set-up and tear down, camera operators,
crowd control, etc. Strong and sturdy is necessary for this role.
- Breakouts Team—AV set-up and breakdown, signage set up, room counts, evaluation
distribution and collection, speaker support, etc. Basic knowledge of computers and data projectors necessary.
- YS Store Team—set-up, counting, stocking, resource promotion, smiling, cash
registers, and customer service, etc.
- Hub Team—assist youth workers and staff through answering questions from A to Z,
smiling, listening, registering for future events, problem solving, etc.
- Check-In Team– Want to volunteer AND experience NYWC as an attendee? Our
Check-In Volunteer Team could be the right fit for you.
Requirements of a NYWC volunteer
- It is imperative that you are available for the duration of NYWC. Applicants available for only part of the time will not be selected.
- You must arrive in St. Louis on Tuesday, November 13th, in order to be ready for orientation on Wednesday, November 14th at 9am. You will be finished on Sunday, November 18th by 5:00pm.
- We love it when our volunteers can take advantage of all the amazing training opportunities available at NYWC. Depending on your role, though, you may not be able to take in as much of Convention as you’d like. NYWC is a jam-packed, fast-moving event, but it’s exhilarating and rewarding to serve your fellow youth workers. In addition, you’ll receive a free download card so you can catch up on all you missed while working!
All applications must be received by Friday, July 13th, 2018.
Volunteer acceptance emails and placement will be sent out by Monday, July 30th,2018.
What you receive as a YS Convention volunteer:
– Free Convention registration (up to $399 value)
– Free room and board Tuesday-Saturday night ($1,000 value)
– Four Free Convention T-shirts ($80 value)
– Free download card of entire convention! ($150 value)
Sign up here
Check-In Team Overview: Enthusiastically welcome and check-in all convention attendees. If you are energized by working as a team and you are quick on a computer keyboard, this is your team.
The Check-In Team serves on Thursday, Nov. 16, 9 a.m.-10 p.m. (with breaks for lunch and dinner) and Friday, Nov. 17, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. This team is also required to serve on Sunday, Nov. 19 for tear-down, Noon-5:00 p.m. (lunch provided).
What you receive as a Check-In team volunteer:
- Free Convention registration (up to a $399 value)
- Three meals ($25 value)
- Free T-shirt
- Opportunity to celebrate first-time NYWC attendees (Priceless!)
Sign up here