The NYWC 2017 Volunteer Application
Thanks for your interest in serving with Youth Specialties this fall at the National Youth Workers Convention in Memphis, Tenn.!
- Main Stage Team—help with production set-up and tear down, camera operators, crowd control, etc. Strong and sturdy is necessary for this role.
- Seminar Team—AV set-up and breakdown, signage set up, room counts, evaluation distribution and collection, speaker support, etc. Basic knowledge of computers and data projectors necessary.
- YS Store Team—set-up, counting, stocking, resource promotion, smiling, cash registers, and customer service, etc.
- Hub Team—assist youth workers and staff through answering questions from A to Z, smiling, listening, registering for future events, problem solving, etc.
- Check-In Team– Want to volunteer AND experience NYWC as an attendee? Our Check-In Volunteer Team could be the right fit for you. Click here for more information.
- Idea Lab- need to have experience and/or training on running sound.
Requirements of an NYWC volunteer
- It is imperative that you are available for the duration of NYWC. Applicants available for only part of the time will not be selected.
- Please arrive in Memphis on Tuesday, Nov. 14, by 5 p.m. You will be finished on Sunday, Nov. 19 by 5:30 p.m. at the latest.
- We love it when our volunteers can take advantage of all the amazing training opportunities available at NYWC. Depending on your role, though, you may not be able to take in as much of Convention as you’d like. NYWC is a jam-packed, fast-moving event, but it’s exhilarating and rewarding to serve your fellow youth workers. In addition, you’ll receive a free download card so you can catch up on all you missed while working!
What you receive as a YS Convention volunteer:
- Free Convention registration (up to $399 value)
- Free room and board ($800 value)
- Four free Convention T-shirts ($60 value)
- Free download card of entire convention ($150 value)
- Free admission to the YS staff meetings (a value beyond measure)
All applications must be received by Friday, June 16, 2017.
Volunteer acceptance emails and placement will be sent out by Wednesday, July 5, 2017.