This post originally appeared on DARREL’S BLOG and we thought it was so wonderful that we wanted to share it too!
Church social media policies aren’t exactly on the top of everyone’s to-do list, but your church needs one. You need a church social media policy not only to protect your church, but also to protect your staff. Policies are neither fun nor exciting, but they’re a necessity for your church.
Below you will find a list of social media policy generators, templates, and examples from various churches and associations. Some of these examples cover a wide range of topics and others cover just the basics. Hopefully, this list will give you a starting point to create your own social media policy for your church.
- PolicyTool for Social Media via ChurchMag
- Social Media Policy Generator by RCC Graphic Design
- Social Media Policy Generator by Company Policies
- Social Media Policy Generator by Optic Solutions
- Social Media Policy Template by Eric Schwartzman
- A Template To Help Start Your Social Media Policy by Social Fresh
- Social Media Policy Template and Employee Guidelines by Digital Intelligence Today
- Social Media Template by Company Policies
- Social Media Policy Template by Jaffe PR
- A Nonprofit Social Media Policy Template You Can Use by Charity How To
Church Social Media Policies
- Berean Baptist Church
- Living Word Community Church
- St Paul’s United Church Dundas
- Church of St. Charles Borromeo
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- The Virginia Conference of The United Methodist Church
- Peoples Congregational United Church of Christ
- Archdiocese of Cincinnati
- Diocese of Grand Rapids
- All Saints Church Pasadena
- The Methodist Church in Britain
- Avenue Road Baptist Church
- Shiloh Bible Church
- Church in Wales
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church
- The Church of Saint Luke in the Fields
- Diocese of Springfield in Illinois
- St. John the Baptist Catholic Church
- North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church
- UU Congregation of Atlanta
Is there a church social media policy that you think should be on this list?
DARREL GIRARDIER is the Digital Strategy Director for Brentwood Baptist Church in Brentwood, TN. He’s married to the wonderful Amy-Jo Giardier and blogs about digital strategy, resources, and more at DARRELGIRARDIER.COM.