Brian Aaby, Director of YS Search and YS Coaching fills us in on an exciting new resource in the YS 101 Collaborative and the impact it has on the lives of youth workers in the first 2-3 years of ministry.
If you don’t have time to watch the full interview, here is one big idea that I took away from my conversation with Brian about the YS 101 Collaborative:
What would a lack of support cost you professionally, spiritually, and emotionally?
I haven’t always had supportive relationships around me and it cost me a great deal.
- Without professional support, I lost ground because I made mistakes that I could have easily avoided.
- Without spiritual support, I lost sight of my calling and I began to lose sight of the Gospel in my own life.
- Without emotional support, I lost healthy relationships because I ran on empty and took that stress out on friends and family.
That lack of supportive relationships cost me professionally, spiritually, and emotionally, and I eventually learned that I couldn’t afford to go without those relationships any longer.
Brian and his YS Coaches have designed the YS 101 Collaborative to save you from that same cost I have experienced. You’ll be tied to relational anchors with veteran youth ministry coaches and other youth workers from all across the U.S. for the professional, spiritual, and emotional support that you desperately need.
A PROFESSIONAL APPROACH TO YOUTH MINISTRY
Through engaging coaching sessions with a group of peers, you’ll explore the professional intentionality that it takes to build an effective and sustainable youth ministry by walking through critical topics like:
- How to create engaging messages for middle school and high school students
- Choosing the best strategy for your specific ministry setting
- Recruiting and developing volunteers to extend the impact of the ministry beyond yourself
- Equipping students to become leaders and take ownership of the ministry
- Building lasting relationships with parents and families in your congregation
- Understanding how to be proactive in ways that prevent conflict from arising
- Navigating crisis situations like suicide, self-harm, relationships with police, and others
The YS 101 Collaborative launches April 24-25, 2017 with a retreat in Dallas.
Don’t miss this opportunity to surround yourself with YS Coaches and other youth ministry peers who can offer that professional, spiritual, and emotional support that you need to be successful in youth ministry.
Check out all the details and request more information online HERE.
JACOB ECKEBERGER is the Content Manager at Youth Specialties, an itinerant worship leader, the spouse of a church planter, and a long time volunteer youth worker. You can find him blogging about social media and digital strategy ideas at JACOBECKEBERGER.COM.