Understanding Your Young Teen
YS Price: $12.00
- Retail Price: $14.99 (You Save 20%)
In stock (can be backordered)
Between the ages of 11-14, adolescents experience one of the most significant periods of change they’ll face during their lifetimes—physically, mentally, emotionally, relationally and spiritually. Mothers and fathers of young teens are presented with new challenges in understanding, communicating with and parenting their kids during this time in their lives. Understanding Your Young Teen offers insights on early adolescent development, new research and cultural changes, and practical applications for parenting and living with young teens. Mark Oestreicher has worked with young teens for nearly three decades, and is also the parent of two teenagers. Based on his research and experience, this book is presented to parents of young teens as a conversation from one parent to another. With transparency about his own experience parenting, and examples from his extensive involvement with thousands of other young teens and parents, Understanding Your Young Teen dives into the developmental realities of early adolescence. Oestreicher educates parents on the latest research and cultural shifts that affect their children, revealing opportunities for faith formation in the lives of young teens.
- CHURCH and MINISTRY/MINISTRY RESOURCES/YOUTH MINISTRY
- Mark Oestreicher
- Mark Oestreicher (Marko) is a veteran youth worker and former president of Youth Specialties. The author of dozens of books, including Youth Ministry 3.0 and Middle School Ministry, Marko is a sought after speaker, writer and consultant. Marko leads The Youth Cartel, providing a variety of resources, coaching and consultation to youth workers, churches and ministries. Marko lives in San Diego with his wife Jeannie and two teenage children, Liesl and Max. www.whyismarko.com.
- Foreword? (maybe Jim Burns? Or Chap Clark? Or John Townsend?) Introduction Chapter 1: Can Anything Good Come of This Age? Chapter 2: Addressing Common Myths of Young Teens Chapter 3: It's All About Change Chapter 4: Walking Hormones? (physical and sexual development) Chapter 5: Mind-Warp (cognitive development) Chapter 6: Rollercoaster Freak-Show (emotional development) Chapter 7: Best Friends Forever! (relational change) Chapter 8: I Can Do It! (Just Don't Leave Me) (independence) Chapter 9: Operating System Upgrade (spiritual development) Chapter 10: White-Hot Temporary (early adolescent culture) Chapter 11: The Overlapping Transition (some implications) Appendices Q&A with Marko A few words to parents about your church's youth ministry Endnotes
- Zondervan/Youth Specialties