Studies on the Go: Philippians, Colossians, First & Second Thessalonians
YS Price: $12.00
- Retail Price: $14.99 (You Save 20%)
Even though nearly 2,000 years have passed since Paul wrote his letters, students today are facing many of the same issues as the Philippians, Colossians, and Thessalonians. They may be experiencing angst or hurt, or they may be hearing messages that are contrary to what they know to be true about the Gospel. They’re probably even dealing with questions about sexuality and morality. By studying these practical letters of Paul, students will learn ways to faithfully cope with the trials of the their day-to-day lives. Through engaging activities and thought-provoking questions that get right to the heart of Philippians, Colossians, and First and Second Thessalonians, students will learn how to find joy in their journey, discover practical instructions of faith, and get encouragement for times of trial.
* In Philippians students will learn how to tell the difference between joy and happiness, and they will learn that true joy comes from serving Christ.
* In the letter of Paul to the Colossians, students will be encouraged in their faith, and they will learn how to make a difference in the lives of believers and non-believers alike—whether they can see the impact they make or not. They will also discover how to avoid false teachings.
* In the two letters to the Thessalonians, students will learn that as believers they should be living in ways that make others excited to get to know God. They will also learn how to reach out for a Christian community for support when they encounter trials.
Written with the busy youth worker in mind, Studies on the Go: Philippians, Colossians, and First and Second Thessalonians provides Scriptural depth and substance to be tackled in a manageable time frame. The questions are real, down-to-earth, and straight to the point to get students quickly into the text so they can hear God’s word on a practical level. Designed for classes, youth groups, and small groups, this curriculum is guaranteed to get students engaged in the Bible.
- Bible Studies, CHURCH and MINISTRY/MINISTRY RESOURCES/YOUTH MINISTRY
- David Olshine
- Dr. David Olshine is professor and director of the Youth Ministry, Family and Culture Department at Columbia International University in Columbia, South Carolina. David was raised in a Jewish family and came to know Jesus as his Messiah in high school. He speaks across the United States annually to thousands of youth, youth workers and parents. Dr. Olshine has authored and co-authored twenty books, including Studies on the Go: Proverbs and Studies on the Go: Philippians, Colossians and Thessalonians. David is the co-founder of Youth Ministry Coaches, an organization that coaches and consults churches for effective youth ministry strategies. David is married to Rhonda and they have two great kids, Rachel and Andrew.