After more than twenty years as a paid youth worker, Jim Hancock left and became a volunteer in a student ministry. That experience taught him things he may never have learned as a youth ministry professional, and now he wants to empower others who are passionate about being volunteer youth workers. Inside this book you'll find practical help, like:
* tips about what to do on the first day
* ideas on how to build and develop relationships with students
* ways to combat youth 'culture shock'
* how to prepare students for life after youth group
* how to say goodbye when it is time to leave
...and many more indispensable insights that will make your experience as a volunteer youth worker valuable and rewarding for you and your students.