Help! I’m a Small-Group Leader!
YS Price: $9.00
- Retail Price: $10.99 (You Save 18%)
Available on backorder
So you’re leading a small group? Your small group can accomplish big things in the lives of your teenagers. And in Help! I’m a Small-Group Leader! you’ll find methods and approaches you can use. Foibles and minefields to avoid. Solutions and tips that will help you nurture your small group into a growing community, whatever you goals.
Inside you’ll discover
– How to put small groups together
– How NOT to lead a small group
– How to start a discussion — and KEEP IT GOING
– How to ASK QUESTIONS that get responses
– Three kinds of BIBLE STUDY questions to ask
– How to work with DIFFERENT personalities in a small group
– How to help you kids LEARN TO PRAY
– 10 ideas for BUILDING COMMUNITY in your small group
. . . and to top it off are 20 pages of questions (100 questions, to be exact) that you can use in your small group Bible study, on the most common subjects discussed in junior and senior high small groups. All this in a no-frills, straight-to-the-point style — perfect for volunteer small-group leaders, or for youth pastors or youth directors to lead their staffs through.
- CHURCH and MINISTRY/MINISTRY RESOURCES/SMALL GROUP
- Laurie Polich
- With 15 years of youth ministry experience, Laurie Polich serves as pastor of small groups and discipleship at Ocean Hills Covenant Church, in Santa Barbara. She's the author of several books including Help! I'm a Small-Group Leader training curriculum and book, Studies on the Go: John, and Small Group Qs, and she speaks frequently to students and youth workers across the country. SPANISH BIO: Laurie Polich es miembro del equipo de entrenamiento de Especialidades Juveniles . Cuando no esta dando clases sobre el ministerio con adolescentes en la Azusa Pacific University, habla en campamentos, conferencias y convenciones tanto para lideres juveniles como para jovenes por todo Estados Unidos. Laurie es Tambien autora de Ayudenme! iSoy lider de celulas!
- CONTENT Acknowledgments Introduction What Is a 'Small Group'? Why Small Groups? How to Put Small Groups Together How Not to Lead a Small Group Starting a Discussion---and Keeping it Going The Importance of Confidentiality Ask Questions That Get Responses Three Kinds of Bible Study Questions to Ask Working with Different Personalities in a Small Group You Can Help Your Kids Learn to Pray 10 Ideas for Building Community in Your Small Group
- Zondervan/Youth Specialties