In case you hadn’t heard, we have partnered with some of our bookstore friends to declare this Saturday, September 6th Youth Worker Appreciation Day! (Listen to this music while reading this post, it helps.) Please check out the Youth Worker Appreciation Day (ywad for short) website to find a retailer near you. Once at the store you will find all sorts of cool things to appreciate what you and your ministry do for your community. Activities vary by store but all of the participating stores will be offering 20% off of all YS and Invert products. We’ve even heard some of these stores will be including free YS gear with your purchases. Mindi Godfrey has been working hard on launching this “should be” national holiday for several months. (Still listening to the music?) She tipped me off that a couple of retailers put in extra effort to recognize YWAD. If you are anywhere near Logos Bookstore in Alexandria, KY or Lighthouse Christian Bookstore in Long Beach, CA please drop in and check out what they are up to. There are also a few bloggers who have been talking about Youth Worker Appreciation Day: (See more out there? Leave a comment with a link)
- Terrace Crawford’s Life on Life blog has cool stuff all week.
- Erik (with a K) has some great gift ideas for the youth worker in your life. I especially like the paraglider. You definitely need that to avoid traffic on Sunday mornings coming to church.
- Mike teases you with his post, he’s got some ideas coming Friday morning. Here it is.
- Jasper starts with a little self-reflection, then ask for suggestions on how to recognize his volunteers
- Adam Lehman helps us spread the word by posting our facebook message.
- Patti Gibbons shares her hope that this would catch on in local churches.
- Sara shares this killer video.
- Nick Burleson is fired up about YWAD and implores you to thank a youth pastor/worker Saturday.
- Shawn went to his local bookstore and helped them get on board in a big way!