Original photo by Wee Sen Gho
Summer interns are an incredibly valuable asset for any youth pastor. They are eager to serve and learn from you, but you don't want to miss an opportunity to learn from their experience as well. Josh Griffin shares a 10-question exit interview that you can use to learn from your interns and possibly uncover ways that your ministry can grow.
- Describe our team dynamic in 10 words or less
- You have fresh eyes. What do you see that you think I might not be seeing? How would we improve?
- What was your favorite experience or memory from your internship?
- What was your least favorite experience?
- What expectations were/weren’t met?
- If you took over for me tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would change?
- Of the 4 purposes that our ministry has (Reach, Connect, Grow, Discover, Honor), which are out of balance in our ministry?
- What will be the memory that will mark the summer of 2009 for you?
- What did you learn?
- What experience did you not get to do, you think we should add to the process?
Josh Griffin is the High School Pastor at Saddleback Church and co-founded Download Youth Ministry with friends Matt McGill and Doug Fields. Use the promo code letitgo for 10% off an order on DownloadYouthMinistry.com this month!